Easy FODMAP Gluten-Free recipe - Nutritionist approved
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1/2 cup Quinoa (dry)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Ginger (fresh, grated or minced)
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice (divided)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 cups Kale Leaves (finely chopped)
2 tbsps Water
1. Add the quinoa, turmeric, salt, ginger, and half of the lime juice to a pot. Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Once finished cooking, stir in the remaining lime juice.
2. Meanwhile, bring a second pot of water to a rolling boil and add the vinegar. Begin stirring your water with a spoon to create a whirlpool. Carefully add your eggs into the water, working in batches if needed so you don't overcrowd the pot. Cook for three to four minutes or until cooked to your liking and then use a slotted spoon to carefully remove the eggs from the water. Place them on a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up any excess liquid.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the kale and water and cover with a lid and steam for two to three minutes until the liquid has evaporated and the kale is tender.
4. To serve, divide the quinoa between bowls and top with the kale and poached eggs. Season with additional salt and enjoy!
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Cook eggs just before serving, or hard boil the eggs for meal prep.
Add garlic or red pepper flakes to the quinoa.
Add tomato or bell pepper.
No Apple Cider Vinegar
Use white vinegar instead.
Use spinach or another leafy green instead.
Get yourself a personalised nutrition plan! Take charge of your life and your health this summer with:
Sandra's Nutrition Flexiplans
Choose your plan based on your health needs and goals. It will include:
🙎🏻♀️ 30 Minutes Consultation in Central Wellness with Sandra Carvaral, RHN
🗒 Personalised 7-day meal plan (based on caloric and health needs)
🛒 Shopping list
🥘 Balanced delicious recipes
SPECIAL PRICE: HK$1,280 (valued at HK$1,580) until June 30th 2022
Appointment slots are limited. Contact us today to book your spot!