Health advice to reduce the contagion:
- Practice good hand hygiene. You should pay close attention to good hand hygiene. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, especially before eating and after using the toilet. If soap and water is not available use hand sanitiser regularly. Avoid shaking hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with a tissue - or cough into your elbow. Dispose of the tissue into a bin and then wash your hands afterwards.
- The Hong Kong Government recommends wearing a surgical mask if presenting symptoms. Also when taking public transport, flights (mostly taking off and landing) or staying in crowded places. Information on the uses, different types and efficacy of masks (WHO)
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
Tips to boost your immune system:
1. Keep the gut healthy: this means looking after gut microbiome diversity by eating a wide range of fibre types from whole foods: whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds and lots of different vegetables and fruits
2. Supplements that are helpful for good immunity: Probiotics, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin A and Zinc
3. Exercise regularly
4. Get adequate sleep.
5. Do not smoke
Website on the Fight Against the Coronavirus:
If you think you have contracted the virus:
The most common symptoms reported include:
Breathing difficulties such as breathlessness
Fatigue or tiredness.
Our practice is not equipped for isolation, therefore patients who are concerned should go to a hospital immediately. Hospitals are better equipped with isolation wards and specialist equipment.